10 Reasons to Invest in England's North West [:] The unrivalled landscapes,
cultural heritage and thriving towns and cities are just part of the reason that three out of
four of the UK's top wow gold 100 companies have a
business location in the North West. Some of the most recognised brands in the world call the
North West home, from the leading search engine to luxury car manufacturers.
With over 400 million people within a 4 hour flight of the North West, the business
investment opportunity has never been better.
Here are ten more compelling reasons to invest in England's North West
1. The Northwest has over 7m residents and more than 230,000 businesses. With a turnover of
•106 billion, higher than 14 EU countries including Denmark and Finland, it is the 12th
largest economy in Europe.
2. This region has the UK's highest turnover and workforce capacity in the manufacturing
sector, making it one of only three regions that positively contributes to the UK balance of
3. The largest concentration of universities in the United Kingdom is in the North West, and
produces over 50,000 graduates a year. The University buy wow tera gold gold of
Manchester is the UK's largest single site university and has a turnover of •500 million
per year. Leading national businesses such as those in the aerospace, pharmaceutical and
nuclear fields work closely with the region's universities.
4. As well as being home to some of the world's leading financial, research and manufacturing
companies, and many universities, you may be surprised to learn that almost a third of the
North West is designated as Areas of Outstanding wow
gold Natural Beauty. The Lake District is the most famous of these, and there are well
known national parks and wildlife areas in Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and
Cheshire. Whilst in the North West, you are never very far from the countryside, the coast,
or spectacular views.
5. World class engineering in aerospace, automotive, advanced materials and chemical
manufacturing can all be found in the North West. Nuclear power research and environmental
technology are also important industries.
6. The largest food and drink producing region in England and Wales is the North West in
terms of manufacturing units, and is responsible for almost 15% of total regional employment.
Some of the worlds leading food and drink companies have their primary business location in
the North West.
7. Home to 31,000 digital and creative companies, employing over 320,000 people, the North
West is a thriving region in terms of media and modern technology investment. Information
technology, web design and marketing feature strongly, and Liverpool is widely acknowledged
as one of the leading cities in terms of computer games design. TV and film production in the
region is increasing, and the North West is the second largest broadcasting market in the UK,
and home to the largest production company outside of London.
8. Approximately 11% of the regions workforce is involved in business and finance. The North
West offers a broad range of financial, legal, property and consultancy services. Major
international financial institutions are also investing in the North West, particularly in
9. With approximately 230 biomedical companies employing 25,000 people, the area between
Liverpool and Manchester on the M62 / M56 corridor, is home also home to six multinational
pharmaceutical companies. Liverpool is home to the new National Biomanufacturing Centre,
whilst the University of Manchester has the only 5-star Biological Sciences Department in the
country. Genetics research also features prominently in the North West.
10. Quality of life is very important here. With affordable housing, excellent shopping,
nightlife, musical heritage, internationally renowned sporting success and world class
football, and horseracing venues, uninterrupted coastline and more, there is always plenty to
do in the North West, whether in the city or the countryside.
The northwest is the ideal business location for UK investment. From food to finance,
medicine to media and genetics to game design, the North West has it all.